Saturday, March 12, 2011

Welcome bookworms, one and all

I'll admit, when I've talked about making a blog over the past few years, book reviewing is not the topic I thought I would attempt first, but it makes perfect sense.

To those that knew me when I was younger, I was always a rampant bibliophile. Staying up late, pushing the limits of sleeplessness to sneak in a few more pages of a fantasy novel, tucking a horror novel into my beach bag and sunning myself to the rhythm of the narration, stealing a few pages in between classes...

I'm sorry to say that my literary fervor wore off as I got older and books became assignments. I read less and surfed the Internet more. Real, substantive books were often replaced by fanfiction and forum posts. I still like those things, but I'm finding my reading habits on an upswing lately and I figured I'd take advantage of that by creating this blog to really explore them. Those who know me also know I am a lover of words, a writer at heart and an English major by trade, and thanks to four years of college, I can no longer read even the tamest of books without attempting to pick them apart.

This blog is my attempt to make something of the time spent put into these books, be they dull or intriguing, poorly-written or poetic, schmaltzy or droll. Since I know no other person on this planet will ever read the same combination of books as I have, it will probably be mostly for me, but for the fellow bookworm, maybe you'll find your new favorite amongst my findings... or have a laugh at my criticisms. Either way, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment